Thursday, May 19, 2005

Proof this is the most boring blog ever.

Class went. Fried brain again. English major in group pretty much completely rewrote my section of the paper. Oi. Hadn't realized how bad my grammar had gotten since my last English class. But we pretty much finished up project #2 there, so it was worth the fried braincells.

Walked to work in torrential rains, noting the two firetrucks and an ambulance across the street. Was then, when 20 ft from the door to the building I work in, sprayed by the ambulance driving by. Granted, not spraying pedestrians with gutter water isn't the most important thing on their minds when they're driving away with lights flashing, but still. I ended up drenched. Shoes filled with water, skirt soaked up above my knees. So I'm sitting there wearing an oversized smock/shirt we keep for working in the dusty stuff to keep clean, barefoot and skirt hanging in the office to try to dry. And a patron comes in. And needs help. As in I'm helping him for a good 30-45 minutes. And running around in here in a smock and barefoot. *facepalm* But I got to talk soil with him and set him up with information about the person to talk to at my undergrad school about getting a hold of retired Pedology profs. Very cool. But couldn't help him find info about a journal citation for a journal that as far as I can tell doesn't exist. Not to mention the journal citation is from the 50's and none of the online databases that I could search through index that far back. Ended up telling him to come back when the librarian boss was around.