Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I'm alriiiiiiiiiiight!!!

Props to JoDee Messina. The beautiful thing about this class and the homework is that I've spent mad crazy amounts of time watching music video. (Music video is grand when you're doing homework - music in the background for when you're working and great little mini!movies for when you need a short break. VH1 and CMT have been my friends.) Not to mention that Rob Thomas' little ass shake in his Lonely No More video can make anybody's day better. (I've got to get that music video!)

But, the joy of finishing my class is that I can now take stock of my knitting WIPs. And, ummm... let's just say this is only a few of them.

Bolero from Summer 2005 VK

This is what's taking the most of my time right now. It's the Berry Bolero or something like that from Summer 05 VK. I've substituted Elann Sonata cotton for the Fiesta La Luz silk. (Because as much as I would LOVE to play with La Luz I just cannot justify it on my budget right now. Plus, if I did have some La Luz I'd rather make the camisole in Last Minute Knitted Gifts with it.) I'm loving it so far and hope to have the back finished today or tomorrow.

Travel socks!

This is what I usually work on while on the bus. Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock in Lucky Stripe. Looks like spun cotton candy in the hank. I'm basically using what is the toe-up pattern on Elann.com, only I'm making the men's size. Not because I have what I'd consider big feet, but because it's the same number of stitches on the same needle size as the other pairs of socks I've made. /:) I'm also doing a slip one, knit one pattern over the heel, which supposedly reinforces it. I'm hoping to get sock #2 finished soon, but the jacket really takes precidence right now as I don't wear socks much in the summer and I need the jacket to wear at work.

Patons Bella vest

Vest out of Paton's Bella. Not sure when exactly I finished knitting it, but it was at least a year and a half ago (took it home Christmas before last for Mom to help with finishing only we never got around to it). Lost the pattern when I moved across the country, but found it again a few weeks ago. Hopefully I'll get around to seaming the one shoulder so I can do the neckband, but I'll admit that the biggest reason why I haven't gotten anywhere with this is because I'm crap at seaming.

Clapotis

Yes, I jumped on the bandwagon and started to make a Clapotis. I'm using some Boutone yarn from Handpaintedyarn.com I started it, then stopped to work on more interested projects that didn't require me to check the pattern every single row (I like a challenge, but not *that* much of a challenge. Though I think that is probably a sign I just wasn't interested in the pattern.) I figure I'll pick it up again later, though summery projects I can wear *now* will probably take precidence until closer to the fall.

I also have another cardigan I've been working on. And a flower washcloth from Weekend Knits. And the clover lace pattern to swatch up. And...

I think I'll just leave it at that.