Sunday, May 15, 2005

Happiness is...

Is not trying to block out a sweater and realizing it is stretching to 20 inches larger than it should be because you substituted wool for cotton. Nor is it having to do the math to get it blocked to the correct shape because the designer didn't give you all the dimensions s/he should have.

Is, however, realizing the fuschia cotton you've had for two years is perfect for the other cardigan you want to do.

And that the blue cotton you've had for just as long *could* be used for the bolero jacket you want to make as well, even if there'd be acres left over.

Why no, I don't have this itching need to get something on the needles while I wait for the cardigan body to finish blocking. (Yes, for some reason I want to wait until the body has blocked before starting on the sleeves. I want to do the edging around the body before I do the sleeves to decide if I want to do full or short sleeves.)