Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Despite my complaining about my class, I do like it. I just think it's a lot to be crammed into two weeks. Still, it is very well geared for my learning style - we're actually doing evaluation projects as opposed to having Dr. N. lecture to us about them. It's just that two collection evaluation projects (even if we're given the checklists to use) and a paper evaluating different evaluation methods are a bit much for 9 days of class.

Still, have been taking study breaks - did the shoulder seams of cropped cardigan last night when I needed to give my eyes a rest from the computer for about 20 minutes (yay for s00per fast three needle bind off). And put potato soup in the crockpot this morning. Will be going to Star Wars tonight and am contemplating the idea of not going to bed after (because, face it, I'll be to jazzed up to sleep), but just working straight through until class tomorrow. (I was pulling 48 hour days (40 working, 8 sleeping) while doing the thesis, I can do it now). That would enable me to go on a hike Sat morning (yay! exercise!). Depending on how much work I get done if I do pull an all nighter.

Knitting is keeping me sane with little snatches of time like on the bus, but not enough time to go into it too much. Quickly, though, despite doing gauge swatch and switching to smaller needles, my gauge on the bolero jacket back is at 20 st/4 in instead of the 23 st/4 in it should be (damn me for knitting loosely) or that I realized I'm doing the jacket in a large and am not sure I need 43 in at the bust even with the needed space for ease. Or that I've figured out a short row way of doing shoulder shaping for the cropped cardigan in Vogue Summer 2005 if anyone wants it so you can do three needle bind off. Or that I'm going to do long sleeves afterall, which may end up with me sending a check to the evil muse and making a puppy dog face so she can go and get me a fifth skein of yarn. Yarg.