Saturday, May 21, 2005

*ded* from the hiking

Today started with a hike in the morning. Darn near missed it, though, because at about ten til realized that I needed to leave. Oops! Of course, once we got there things got interesting. Note, never plan to take a 'lake' trail two days after torrential rains. Not to mention that the map was awful. Impossible to read, so we think we may have added an extra mile or so to the trek. Then, we ended up having to leave the trail altogether since there was a spot where there was a stream crossing that was actually a raging river crossing thanks to the rain. If two horses cann't get across, then a bunch of people on foot aren't going to get across either. So we followed the road back after that, for the last 3/4 mile or so.

Any plans to do stuff after the hike was shot to hell though, as we were all exhausted. My legs *hurt* when I got home, so it was a long hot bath for me, followed by a nap. After which I ended up knitting and watching the first half of Empire because my brain was too fried to start working on the paper. I'm nearly caught up to where I started frogging on Wednesday (just beginning my raglan sleeve shaping), so hopefully I'll be able to finish the back this week and start on one of the fronts. Of course, I also have some sleeves to the other cardigan to finish as well.