Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Two posts at once!

Well, we'll see if it works. Wireless has been up and down my entire lunch hour. Makes me wonder just how great it is to have the most wired (or technically wireless) campus if you can't get a signal on the only side of the library where the electrical outlets are actually wired themselves.

Not a lot of knitting related accomplishments to regale. Though my buying yarn on Saturday was apparently the motivation I needed to get other knitting projects finished (probably has something to do with the potential 'can only buy yarn for one project once finish two projects' rule and the fact that I'm already 'in the hole' since I had the unexpected acquiring of yarn). In other words, I finally seamed that one shoulder seam and did the neckband of my vest. Still have another shoulder seam and then it's side seams (ick!) but I have made progress on a project that has sat at 90% complete for nearly two years. And I also have made enough progress on the travel sock that I'm nearly to the heel. Yay! As soon as I get those finished I'll have two projects finished and won't feel so guilty about yarn purchases on Saturday.

I also finally got that survey/meme thinger posted for SP5 (with a little helpful poking by my secret pal).

I had a great Memorial Day weekend. A friend travelled down to visit, and it was her birthday on Saturday. So we went to the winery and did a wine tasting. And then were thankful we had a DD, as we were just tipsy enough that we knew we shouldn't drive. There was supper at a cow palace, great big hunks of meat were consumed and margaritas were drunk. Sunday was a cookout, the THE - toss, hit and eat. Though actually the order was toss (lawn darts and horse shoes), eat (brats and salads and incredibly wonderful banana puddings) and hit (fizzball). Fizzball is an idea they pulled from a comic book years ago. Buy the cheapest, nastiest beer you can, someone pitches and someone else hits it with a baseball bat and sees who can get the best explosion. Very good times, though I now know from experience that Schlitz isn't fun to get in your eyes. Monday was hang out time before our friend headed back home, and then resting and working on the vest. So, in all a great time, though I was tired tired tired yesterday.

Well, lunch break is nearly over and I've got to head back to work. Hopefully I'll have some picture when I post next. Either of knitting stuff or maybe my new drop spindle I just won from eBay or of the weekend. :D